CULIS Bibliometric Services
CULIS offers bibliometric service. This service is intended primarily for employees of the University of Copenhagen, but can be used by all interested citizens and organizations.
What can I use Bibliometric Service for?
Bibliometric Service is your solution to bibliometric problems: You can use the service to order all types of bibliometric studies and analyses, or simply to ask general questions about bibliometrics.
These could be:
- Determination of h-index (see Hirsch's article here) and other bibliometric parameters
- Questions about the Bibliometric Research Indicator (BFI)
- Order reports from the University of Copenhagens research registration system CURIS
- Order analyses based on Journal Citation Reports or other databases which the library has access to
- Identification of a researcher / research institution's position relative to the outside world
- Citation Analyses
- Mapping of research in order to provide a picture of a research areas' players
- Help with publishing rights, particularly regarding open access and bibliometrics
We attach great importance to scientific integrity, to explaining the results found and to the documentation of results, and therefore larger and more complex tasks are resolved by the Research Documentation team at the Faculty of Life Sciences Library.
How do I contact with CULIS Bibliometric Service?
Please use the contact form, also for task requests. All inquiries and requests will of course remain confidential - unless otherwise agreed.
What does it cost?
Minor services, which can be resolved at the local library, are free. There will however be charged a fee for tasks requiring more complex analysis.
When duties are ordered by the staff of the University of Copenhagen, the Royal Library's standard rate of 430, - / hour excl. VAT is applied. A minimum charge may be charged.
All employees of the institutes at the Faculty of Life Sciences, who need to carry out bibliometric studies, are requested to contact the Research Documentation team directly: forskdok [at] life.ku.dk.
Who performs Bibliometric Service?
Depending on the complexity, the tasks will either be resolved by the Research Support Service, or be relayed to your local institute library, faculty library, or our central bibliometrics unit (consisting of Research Support Services and the Research Documentation Unit at the Faculty Library of Life Sciences).
Bibliometric Service reserves the right to decline tasks.
Special conditions relating to previous LIFE
All employees of the departments served by the Faculty of Life Sciences Library, who need to order bibliometric studies, please contact the Research Documentation Unit directly: forskdok [at] life.ku.dk.